Healthy Carrot Cake Loaf
Are all carrot cakes unhealthy? Well, if they are made with eggs, oils, white flour, dairy, sugar, then yes there is nothing healthy on these carrot cakes.
But what if you follow my carrot cake recipe that is dairy free, gluten free, sugar free, eggs free, oils free, and yet it has a very distinctive and delicious flavor? And what if it is full of fiber and complete protein as well? Would you give it a try and make it? Why not enjoying a healthy carrot cake guilt free?
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 cup almond flour
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. baking power
¼ tsp sea salt
1 cup cashew milk
¾ cup cashew yogurt
2 chia eggs to 5 parts water
6 oz apple sauce (homemade, just blend an organic apple with skin no water in the blender)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
½ cup chopped walnuts
2 cups raw cashews soaked in hot water at least an hour
1 tsp vanilla extract
Water to cover the cashews
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients: flours, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking powder and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cashew milk, cashew yogurt, chia seeds eggs, banana or apple (your choice) and vanilla.
- Mix both dry and wet ingredients together.
- To make the batter smoother add the mineral water one tablespoon at a time. Mix and add another tablespoon until finishing the 4 oz. and set aside for 20 minutes.
- While waiting, grate the carrots, chop the pineapple and chop the walnuts. Mix all well and fold these into the combined mix.
- Pour the batter into the silicon loaf mold and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour. Start checking at 50 minutes to see if inserting a knife comes out clean. Lwt loaf cool to room temperature.
- While loaf cools, prepare the whipped cream. Just blend until smooth all ingredients, dates, soaked and washed cashews, vanilla and water to cover the cashews. And voila, spread over the top of the carrot cake.
- Make sure you enjoy this healthy, guilt free and delicious and nutritious carrot cake.