Gluten Free Waffles
Are traditional waffles healthy?
Let’s be honest: Traditional Waffles may be delicious, but they aren’t exactly good for us. They’re usually made with ingredients that nutritionists say to limit, loaded with refined grains, hardly any fiber, high number of saturated fats, undesirable number of sugars and syrups and the bottom line, an incredible number of empty calories.
Well, it is time to reframe the image of waffles and make
them healthy every bite of the way.
Vegan Gluten Free Waffles
½ cup buckwheat flour
¾ cup sprouted oat flour (just grind it to convert it into flour)
1 tsp baking power
½ tsp cinnamon
2 pinches of salt
2 tablespoons of fiberwise (melaleuca brand) if don’t have it, add extra dates to the simplified oat milk)
½ tsp vanilla
1 cup simplified oat milk or almond milk https://energeticlifestyles.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=3552&action=edit&lang=en
1/4 cup plus 3 to 5 tbsp sparking water (play by ear to obtain thin consistency)
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients until well mixed.
2. First add the vanilla to the oat milk and mix. Then add this mixture to the dry ingredients until mixtures are combined.
3. Add in the ¼ cup of sparkling water and mix. Continue adding 1 tbsp AT A TIME until the mixture becomes a thick consistency, about 4 tbsps.
Let set for 2 minutes to see if the consistency of the batter becomes thinner by itself. If not add another tbsp of the sparking water and stir well. If needed continue adding the sparking water until the batter coats the back of a spoon. Play it by ear and judgement, practice makes perfect.
4, Add fruit of your choice. Fresh blueberries are ideal ½ cup will do it.
The batter will initially feel thick, but will increase in volume and become light after about 5 minutes.
5. Heat you waffle iron, grease it lightly with about 1/8th of a tsp of avocado oil.
Then divide half of the batter to make to make two equally thick waffles.
6. Add the first half of the batter into the waffle iron and cook until they are nice and crispy, brown on the edges and firm in the center.
7. Remove the first waffle from the waffle iron and serve with a generous portion of plant-based yogurt, add extra fruit as desired, and garnish with some sprouts.
Enjoy an extremely healthy waffle loaded with all natural fiber, nutrients, vitamins and minerals that will enrich your whole body.
Let’s improve our HEALTHSPAN, we all deserve it