If you knew the spectacular oats benefits, would you consume it daily? Is it a miracle whole grain? No, you create the miracle within you. It is your discipline and perseverance and by default your own lifestyle!
- OATS AND VITAMINS: provides energy and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, E and folic acid.
- OATS AND MINERALS: contains minerals such as calcium, copper, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, selenium, sodium and zinc. All this in a very condensed way: in a small quantity and without adding too many calories. And this makes oats one of the most balanced and healthy cereals.
- HELP CONTROL YOUR WEIGHT AND / OR MAINTAIN YOUR FIGURE: Oatmeal helps you lose weight, produces satiety and reduces hunger. Which is the reason? It is a cereal that contains double fiber, soluble and insoluble. Soluble fiber cleanses the body, it is like a sponge and insoluble fiber has an evacuation power. Therefore, oatmeal has a satiating effect, which will make us feel satisfied with less food, regulating the appetite and increasing the speed of transit through the intestines, facilitating weight loss.
- STRENGTHEN YOUR CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM: Oats are rich in antioxidants such as avenanthramides, which are polyphenols found almost exclusively in oats. According to some scientific studies, these antioxidants are one of the components that make oats especially beneficial for the cardiovascular system. These antioxidants not only fight cell oxidation, but also have a regulating effect on blood pressure and an anti-inflammatory effect. This is because they increase the production of nitric oxide, a gas that favors the dilation of blood vessels.
- HELPS REDUCE YOUR LEVELS OF BAD CHOLESTEROL (LDL) AND YOUR TRIGLYCERIDES: Oats are rich in soluble fiber and linoleic acid, compounds that help reduce cholesterol, since soluble fiber traps water and forms a viscous solution in the intestine, which slows digestion and covers the intestinal wall, which decreases the absorption of some nutrients like glucose and cholesterol, according to the Family Hypercholesterolemia Foundation. It is a good source of omega 6 unsaturated fats, which helps lower bad cholesterol.
- REGULATES YOUR BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS: The consumption of oats stimulates the activity of the pancreas and this is due to the presence of soluble fiber that dissolves in water and with the help of beta-glucans that exist in oats, they form a gel during digestion that slows the emptying of the stomach and the passage of sugars into the blood. This makes oats help lower blood sugar levels and improve the insulin response. It is considered especially useful in cases of type 2 diabetes. A good recommendation would be to consume it at breakfast, for example, and thus help to keep this level more stable. Improves the ability to relax and concentrate
- PROVIDES COMPLEMENTARY PROTEIN ADD NUTS: Its protein contribution (13.8%) is the highest among cereals. The protein of the animal kingdom has 20 amino acids and is complete protein. 11 amino acids are produced by the body and 9 have to be supplied from external sources. So, oats have 8 out of 9 amino acids that are acquired from external sources. For oatmeal to have complete protein, we simply have to add nuts or legumes. And the best is complete protein from the plant kingdom. See video of how to make milk oatmeal.
- IT HAS A PREBIOTIC EFFECT ON THE INTESTINE: it feeds the good bacteria in the intestine. And why is oatmeal prebiotic? Oats are rich in a soluble fiber called beta-glucan, which is fermentable. And it is this fiber that we cannot digest but upon reaching the colon they are fermented by bacteria producing beneficial effects for our microbiome. They stimulate the growth of beneficial bacteria in our intestinal flora, favoring the absorption of some minerals. Even being able to prevent diarrhea or constipation. In other words, prebiotics serve as food for flora microorganisms. Helping to nourish the bacteria so that they proliferate and maintain a good balance of microorganisms.
- CONTAINS ANTIOXIDANT PROPERTIES: In addition to avenanthramides and phenolic compounds (antioxidants and anti-inflammatory), oats contain vitamin E, an antioxidant compound known to protect the body from the effects of free radicals.
- IMPROVE YOUR DIGESTION: The fiber in oats facilitates intestinal transit and prevents constipation according to the National Institutes of Health. Do not forget that drinking water is also important for good digestion. Insoluble fiber reduces bile acids and reduces their toxic capacity.
- RELIEVE THE SYMPTOMS OF DIGESTIVE ULCERS: Whole grains and oats have a soothing effect on ulcers, because they help neutralize the acid. As well as bananas, potatoes and legumes. The prevailing thing is to have the total absence of fatty foods (meat and other fats of the animal kingdom).
- STIMULATES THE THYROID GLAND: which participates in the metabolism of fats. As a whole grain cereal, oatmeal provides rich amounts of fiber, which can help minimize constipation associated with hypothyroidism, or an underactive thyroid. Oats also provide significant amounts of B vitamins and selenium, two important nutrients for proper thyroid function.
- STRENGTHEN YOUR NERVOUS SYSTEM: thanks to vitamin B1, calcium and alkaloids Contains B-complex vitamins, which are involved in the development and maintenance of the central nervous system.
- IMPROVES THE CAPACITY OF RELAXATION AND CONCENTRATION: According to a study published by the National Institute of Health, USA affirms that oats are a very complete food and you can consume them every day without any problem. Oatmeal controls the nervous system and improves mood, improves concentration and relaxation.
- STIMULATES THE LIVER: oats contain essential amino acids that help stimulate the liver to produce more lecithin, it purifies heavy compounds in the body.
- REMEDY TO RELIEVE THE SKIN COMEZON: It is very useful to relieve itching, since it has a calming action and is very good in case of irritation, eczema, itching, dermatitis, urticaria or psoriasis.
- HELPS TREAT ACNE: Eliminates dead cells and impurities, which is why it helps reduce and treat acne by controlling the production of sebum and the formation of shine on our skin.
- PREVENTS THE APPEARANCE OF ASTHMA: The early introduction of oats in the diet of children reduces the risk of developing persistent asthma.
- HELP INCREASE YOUR DEFENSES: Raising the defenses of the immune system does not mean drinking orange juice all the time, or living on food supplements. The most effective way to achieve this is through a good diet in which you start with breakfast to raise your defenses from the morning and develop a shield against viruses for the rest of the day. And oatmeal would be one of those foods. Add dried fruit and walnuts and it will be a breakfast full of energy, nutrients and plant fat and protein.
- STRENGTHEN THE MUSCLES: And by having complete protein, it helps the production and development of new tissue in the body. My oat milk is ideal to consume after lifting weights and for me it is a reward.
- PROVIDES HEALTHY ENERGY: The carbohydrate content of oats is similar to that of other seeds, around 60%. They are mostly slow-absorbing polysaccharides, which provide a greater feeling of satiety after eating, and provide energy in a moderate but constant way. Its richness in fiber contributes to this effect (6.7%). This avoids the weakness, fatigue and anxiety that lead to eating between meals and unbalancing the diet.
- GLUTEN FREE OATS: Oats contain proteins similar to wheat gliadin, which can cause a reaction in people with celiac disease. Many times oats are contaminated with other cereals that contain gluten, however, you can get “pure oats” or a gluten-free version, which has been recommended for celiac sufferers.
- IT CONTAINS CLEANSING PROPERTIES FOR THE SKIN: It has a cleansing effect, absorbs dirt that accumulates in the pores and is very good in masks.
- AUXILIARY IN CASES OF BRONCHITIS: thanks to its mucolytic and expectorant properties
- IT HAS BEEN RECOMMENDED AS AN ALLY TO PREVENT CANCER: This cereal contains a high level of beta-glucan, which are nutrients which have an immunomodulatory function, which means that they increase the body’s resistance against invading pathogens.
Jan Koolman. Bioquímica: Texto y atlas. 3a ed. revisada y ampliada. Editorial Médica Panamericana, 2004.
Fundación Hipercolesterolemia Familiar
Klaus Oberbeil. Vitaminas para su salud. Robin book, vida natural, 2004.
Información del website de Alejandra del rio
ABC Bienestar, Raquel Alcolea (Redactora) Julio 23, 2021
MAMITA BOTANICA skin care